Emergency Grant Programs
MATC offers two programs that provide financial assistance to students experiencing economic emergencies that affect their ability to remain in school.
Dreamkeepers® Emergency Financial Assistance Grant
MATC’s Dreamkeepers program provides small emergency assistance grants (usually less than $500) to students who are experiencing a one-time, unexpected, unlikely to reoccur event that has caused a financial emergency and who has no other resources available. Examples include loss due to fire, theft or accident or a sudden, unavoidable interruption of income.
- Be a Federal Pell Grant recipient in the term an emergency grant is requested. (Some exceptions may apply).
- Have attended MATC for more than one semester (Some exceptions may apply).
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.00
- Provide some form of documentation of the financial emergency – your college will guide you through this.
Examples of emergencies include:
- Loss due to fire, theft or accident
- Sudden, unavoidable interruption of income
How to Apply
Local 212/MATC Believe in Students FAST Fund
The FAST Fund is a non -profit organization organized by AFT Local 212, MATC’s faculty union, that provides MATC students experiencing financial emergencies with modest emergency grants quickly.
- MATC student
- Documented need
- Teacher reference
How to apply
Apply online at https://tinyurl.com/matcfastfund
For additional information go to: http://local212.org/fastfund/index.htm or call 414 765 0910 #14
MATC’s Dreamkeepers and the Local 212/MATC FAST Fund work together to help MATC students succeed. You can apply to either one or both if you are experiencing an emergency.